How do I make a purchase?
1. Once you have found an item, select your size, preferred metal type and stone size then add to bag.
2. Review the items in your shopping bag by clicking MY SHOPPING BAG link at the top page. You can use the remove button to delete items from your shopping bag.
3. Click CHECK OUT to complete your purchase.
Is it safe to use my credit card online?
At CARAT*, your security is very important to us. We are using an advance security system for our online customers. We have introduced an extra layer of security when you shop online. We offer Verified By Visa and MasterCard® Securecode. These services prevent unauthorized use by confirming your identity with an extra password when you make an online transaction. To use this service register with your issuing bank. To find out more please visit the links below.
Do I need to sign for my order?
Due to the high value of the goods, we require a proof of delivery for all orders. This means we are unable to authorize packages to be delivered without a signature.
Can I track my order?
Once you have placed your online purchase you may track your purchase on TRACK MY ORDER.
- Pending -
An email notification will be sent out once payment has been confirmed. Once confirmed, please allow 24 hours to be updated.
- In Alteration- The item is sent to our workshop to be re-sized . Estimated delivery date will be within the next 7-10 working days from the order date.
- Located From Store- The item is in stock. It is located from one of our boutiques in Hong Kong, where our online boutique is being serviced from. The estimated delivery date will be 7-10 days from the order date.
- On Special Order- The item is currently being made for you in our workshop and it will take 21 working days from the date you place your order. To know your exact estimated shipping date. Please contact us at email@example.com
- Shipped- An email notification has been sent out to you with your FedEx tracking number. Packages can be tracked at www.fedex.com.
How long does it take to ship my order?
If the item is in stock it can be shipped within 5 days. Sometimes a ring might need to go to our workshop for sizing, which may take an additional 2 days. If the item is not in stock it will normally be shipped within 21 working days. Sometimes our workshop will be busy or our stone cutters may have a backlog. Contact us to track the progress of your order. If you need an order urgently call or email to check our stock. We are happy to assist you with this. View our contact details
We will notify you if your order will take longer than normally expected. Read more about shipping.
Do you create bespoke jewellery to order?
We are very sorry but due to the number of orders we process through our workshop we cannot service custom orders for bespoke jewellery.
Could you please tell me the typical colour and clarity rating of your stones compared to diamond?
Read about diamond simulant stone specifications.
What kind of gold do you use?
Most items in CARAT* are made in 9 carat (375Au) gold. Some rings can come in 9 carat, 14 carat and 18 carat. All our jewellery is stamped in the metric gold system and our company hallmark C*. Read more about gold at CARAT*.
Are your stones diamonds?
No they are not diamonds. Neither is Moissanite, white sapphire and many of the other diamond simulants on the market. However, we believe you will not find a better alternative anywhere. We have many satisfied customers from all around the world who agree that our level of quality is the ultimate alternative to diamond both to the eye and to the pocket. Many jewellers have also agreed that to the naked eye our stones are very difficult to distinguish from natural diamonds.
Will CARAT* stones change colour or go cloudy?
All our stones and mountings have a lifetime guarantee against colour changes or defective workmanship.
How can I buy Gemesis cultured diamonds?
Our stones are not Gemesis cultured diamonds, as you’ll note by the price but are probably the best diamond alternative. Our cutting and polishing is to premium diamond specification.
What's the difference between Standard CZ and Moissanite and CARAT* created gemstones?
Each of these have their very own qualities and you’ll find that our stones take 20 times longer to process than inferior machine cut stones.
Standard CZ versus CARAT* created gemstones?
We agree that many created gemstones on the market are of very poor quality mainly due to inferior production techniques:
1. A low grade raw material is used in a non sterile environment resulting in poor clarity rough crystals with low colour grades and poor stone clarity. Our ‘rough’ is produced in an ultra-clean environment using ultra refined raw materials.
2. Inferior cutting techniques produce less than perfect stone proportions. Stones do not refract and reflect light in an ideal way. Cutting by hand takes 20 times longer than standard machine cut stones and we cut our stones virtually the same way as traditional diamond cutting methods.
3. Incomplete facet polishing creates the milky or cloudy effect you see in many inferior CZ stones. We polish each stone by hand not forgetting the Crown and Pavilion facets that are notoriously left unpolished leaving a less than perfect stone. Read more about Cubic Zirconia versus CARAT*.
Moissanite versus CARAT* created gemstones?
The Colour Problem
One important thing to note when comparing Moissanite with our stones is that Moissanite is in fact a faintly green stone which can be seen in natural daylight.
Typically when compared on the white diamond GIA colour scale, Moissanite comes in at a respectable I, J and K grade where CARAT* created gemstones rate a much higher D or E grade, with E being top of the scale.
The Clarity Problem
The internal facets of Moissanite can appear blurry when examined closely due to the crystal structure altering the velocity of light wavelengths unevenly within the stone. CARAT* created gemstones are more accurate from an optical point of view, with ultra clean facet lines from the top of the stone.
Natural diamond versus CARAT* created gemstones?
While nothing sparkles quite like natural diamond we believe you will not find a better diamond simulant on the market. With very similar optical characteristics to diamond, many jewellers have agreed they have difficulty telling our stones from naturals. Additionally, given our commitment to value for money and quality of workmanship, we believe CARAT* workmanship is second to none. Read more about natural diamond versus CARAT*.
What is 18 carat, 14 carat, 9 carat, 750Au, 585Au, 375Au gold?
These terms indicate the total amount of gold used in the item. Carat is the older imperial way of measuring gold content. There is a maximum of 24 carat in 100% gold content, therefore 18 carat means 75% gold content etc.
The newer metric system measures the gold in parts of 1,000 and is accompanied by the Periodic Table abbreviation for Gold "Au". Therefore 1000Au means 100% gold and 750Au means 75% gold.
Because 24 carat or 1000Au gold is too soft to be considered for jewellery, especially for daily wear, and to avoid possible loss of stones, all items at CARAT* are made in 9 carat (375Au) gold. All our jewellery is stamped in the metric gold system 375Au and our company hallmark C*.
More information about gold at CARAT*.